My polymer clay ball joint doll, Aurora Rose, has a new hair do. I am very happy to have replaced her mohair wig with one I made from Tibetan lambswool. The scale of the fiber is much more suitable to dolls, and it is available in a variety of colors.

It took most of a 4 in. x 4 in. piece to make her new ‘do. I glued in on, layer by layer, using Fabric Tac glue. Smelly, but it holds, so I use it in a well ventilated area.

Aurora Rose now needs more clothes, and I will be finishing up the accessories that go with her room full of furniture. She’s got a bed, bookcase and trunk to fill, and I’m taking pictures all along the way. I’m ready to get back to how-to projects that have been sitting on the sidelines while I set up gallery and studio space. Now it’s time to make full use of both and create lots of new work as well as showcasing what’s come together previously.

In addition, I’m making new dolls in the upcoming months, and I’m creating an instructional video as well. Look for it as part of the Polymer clay Adventure starting next year!