1985-Present~ Sarajane’s Designer Longmont, CO
- In charge of all production and design details for a line of wearable art and gift items sold in
boutiques and stores nationally.
- Designs and implements all graphic designs for business use as well as graphic art for publication
(juvenile and adult books, paper dolls, magazine illustrations and textile designs).
- Designs and builds Internet Web Sites and pages used in promotion of this and other companies.
- Authors “how to” articles for magazines and books; five years as bi-monthly columnist for Belle Armoire magazine.
- Develops educational text and graphics, as well as editing, scanning and other computer tasks.
- Digital photography and book layout design for desktop publishing.
- Responsible for setup, sales and promotion at national trade shows.
- Teaches art and design classes on three levels: children, adult and professional.
- Tutoring and teaches classes in Digital Photography, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Microsoft Word
- Develop and sell gift items to catalog companies such as “Quilts & Other Comforts” and “Alice’s Tapestries”
1984-1985~ Hsu & Co. Assistant Manager Columbus, OH
- Coordinated purchasing and restocking at health food store.
- Weighed and packaged bulk fruits and nuts and other food items.
- Provided highest quality customer service and information.
1980-1983~ OffHand Store Display, Designer Columbus, OH
- Responsible for interior and window displays at four Columbus stores including women’s clothing and gift stores
- Owned and operated a wearable art gallery and gift store.Responsible for all areas including design and manufacture,sales, advertising graphics and management.
1982-1986~ Columbus Community Festival Booth Coordinator Columbus, OH
- Developed contracts, maintained mailing lists, sent out and received mailings of agreements for all festival booths including artists, community organizations, and food vendors.
- Responsible for organization and placement of 150 to 200 participating vendors and groups.
- On-site problem solving for this annual three day Arts and Community Festival.
- Collection of daily revenue percentage for the festival organization from all booth participants.
1986-1991~ Guitar Craft Kitchen Coordinator Washington, D.C., WV and CA
- Developed vegetarian menus for multiple week-long seminars
- Purchasing and preparation of all food and drink for daily breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner accommodating 40-60 people
2000-2002~ National Polymer Clay Guild Vice President Membership USA
- Rebuilt and maintained large database using Microsoft Word, Access and Excel
- Interfaced with membership via mail, phone and email
- Worked with other officers to develop and promote all aspects of the organization and its merchandising
2004, 2007~ Tougaloo College Summer Art Colony Instructor Jackson, MS
- Designed and implemented a one week intensive polymer clay arts class for adult artists and teachers
2005-2008~ Bead Lounge Class and Promotions Manager Longmont CO
- In charge of scheduling and promotion of in-store arts classes and events, including internet based and print advertising
2009-2011~ Front Range Community College Continuing Education Instructor, Tutor Longmont CO
- Taught independent classes through the Continuing Education Department in Business of Art and Polymer Clay, tutored students in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Digital Photography, Web Design , World Mythology and English Composition
2010-2013~ Front Range Community College Art Studio Monitor Longmont CO
- Maintain studio space for digital photography/photoshop, 2D, ceramics, jewelry students, oversee tool use and safety, organize as needed, create documents as needed for instructors
2011~ Front Range Community College/Firehouse Art Gallery Student Intern Fall Semester Longmont CO
- Helped coordinate shows, wrote and sent press releases, designed postcard and display cards for “Objects of Inspiration” Nov.11-Dec. 15 2011
2011-2013~FRCC Art Club Founder, President, Secretary Longmont CO
- Founded student art club , built website and trained other members in its use
- Organized and coordinated group student/faculty art show at Longmont Public Library
- Organized and coordinated two group student/faculty art shows in cooperation with Firehouse Art Gallery
“Beyond The Fridge Door” Feb. 17-Mar. 7 2011 and “A Creative Celebration” Oct. 17-21
- Designed postcard and display cards, wrote and sent press releases and organized hanging and tear-down
- Responsible for updating information about classes and events on website, taking and distributing meeting minutes
2009-2013 Attending Front Range Community College (Media Graphic Design print and web design) Longmont, CO
Attended BA Theatre Arts & Design Programs from:
1977-1979 Ohio State University Columbus, OH
1975-1976 Barat College of the Sacred Heart Lake Forest, IL
1975 graduated Lincoln High School Gahanna, OH
- Adobe CS6 Photoshop
- Adobe CS6 InDesign
- Adobe CS6 Illustrator
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft FrontPage
- HTML and CSS code
- WordPress CMS
- Technical and instructional writing
- Paper and digital graphic arts
- Digital photography
- Desktop document layout, editing and publishing
- Website design and maintenance including WordPress CMS
- Textile design and embellishment including beading, dyeing, painting, printing
- Pattern design and drafting
- Sewing and Costuming Decorative arts
- Doll, Puppet and Miniature making
- Animation and Theater arts
- Faux-finish and Set Decoration
- Mask and Figure sculpting and mold making
- Character design and development art
As an independent artist and author, I have learned the value of having many skills that interconnect. I have all of my skills available to use in design challenges, and I instruct others on how to access their own artistic and perceptive abilities. When instructing on uses of dyes and paints, textiles, sculpting, advertising art or thermoplastics used in jewelry and sculptural maquettes, the power of creative thought is emphasized and nurtured. These skills can be honed in any creative area for their own sake–or to bring about better use of mental and physical skills in all levels of work.
I am available for workshops with children, adults, those with exceptional abilities or special learning needs, and for corporate workers who wish to hone their abilities in perceptual skills and problem solving in previously unexplored ways.While beads, dolls, and wearable arts may seem of less import on the surface, aesthetic and ethical design qualities are at the basis of many endeavors. These things can be learned in a comfortable, non-threatening, fun and satisfying way through creative arts.
Perception and the communication of it are the key elements in all my art and other endeavors. I learn well, and help others to enjoy learning also. The uses of creativity and nurturing it in others are my specialties. Whether designing textiles, jewelry, sculpture, or writing about creative work in books and magazines, I choose to share in ways that are fun and informative while still incorporating a further understanding of ethical behavior and personal responsibility.
Creativity in visual or tactile fields sparks improvement on many levels of brain and physical efforts. I make interesting and thought-provoking work, and show others that they also have the ability to do so and to develop their own creative voices.
I am seeking opportunities to apply my skills in ways that result in top quality performance of the work at hand, and to receive compensation commensurate to my results.